Barnsley Family History Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There

3 posters

Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There

Post  richiecoop Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:08 am

bounce Hi Everyone, I would just like to ask if there is any of my Great Grandmother Cooper's family out there who lived in either Kings street or at 98 Cherry Tree Street Hoyland Elsecar Bansley in the 1920's - early 30's anyone with census records relating to their family living in Cherry Tree Street.
I'm sorry but I can't find my Grandmother's maiden name.
Best wishes Richard Cooper.

PS I think in the end I will have to go up to God's country and knock on some door's hope you folk's don't mind Laughing

richiecoop

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty William Cooper

Post  carolanne Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:51 am

Hiya Richard
Don't build your hopes up I'm not a rellie lol I just don't like people talking to themselves. Allthough I did ask my cousin if you were related (she's married to a Cooper ) but you aren't sorry Sad and your more than welcome to visit Gods own county.By the way which Grandmothers maiden name can't you find re your 1st posting Hilda Knight
Regards Carol

carolanne

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There

Post  richiecoop Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 am

Hi Carol, Many thanks for getting back my problem is that I don't have my great grandmother's maiden name Mad all I know is she lived at 115 Cherry Tree st Hoyland and her name was Mrs S Cooper.
My dad say's that he had a aunt Pemm Chetwyne and there's a lady in the address book of my grandmothers called L. Armitage who lived at 4 Green Field Rd Hoyland.
I have had a local search for William Cooper's shop in King St just around the corner from Cherry Tree st and he came back saying that there was no archive records of it in the 20's-30's Shocked.
My dad's mother Hilda Knight met William Cooper and the result was my Father scratch that's all I have.
Regards Richard. Cool

richiecoop

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty Coopers

Post  carolanne Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:38 am

Hiya Richard
Just trying to get my facts straight so its Williams mum's maiden name your after is that correct in the post i was responding to you put Grandmother not Great Grandmother.
Back to the drawing board lol
Regards Carolanne

carolanne

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty Coopers

Post  carolanne Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:13 am

Hiya Richard
I'm hitting brick walls here I've found your fathers registration 1931 Oct 1/4 Barnsley mothers maiden name Knight.I think I've found Hilda in 1901 her parents Richard Henry Knight and Emma Elizabeth Knight nee Wood.The only marriage I can find for a Knight and a Cooper is
Hilda E Knight - George Cooper 1927 Apr 1/4 Birmingham North 6d - 917

I can't see a marriage for a William Cooper which you need for his fathers name to be able to go backwards to find the name your after.
Regards Carolanne

carolanne

Back to top Go down

Post  richiecoop Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Carolanne,
My Grandmother Hilda never married william. William died around 1934 when my dad was three years old.
Then Hilda and my father came back to warwickshire to live.
That's why there is no record fo marriage.
All I know is William my Grandfather is buried in Barnsley cemetary nr Hoyalnd that I do know and he was a Master boot maker ?
Rolling Eyes
Best wishes many thanks for your help so far.
Richard Smile

richiecoop

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty Cooper

Post  carolanne Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Me again lol
I've been looking in deaths and can see two in Barnsley in 1934

William E Cooper age 33 died Jan 1/4 9c 291
Willie Cooper age 37 died Apr 1/4 9c 272

I can't see a William E Cooper in the 1901 or even a birth but I can see a Willie Cooper in 1901 age 3 so born around 1898.

Willie Cooper 1898 born HOYLAND living Milton (no number or st or road) Civil Parish Hoyland Nether,Ward or Urban District ELSECAR Parents Sidney Cooper 1869 Wentworth and Maria 1872 Hoyland, siblings Lavinia,Joseph W,Laura,Maud.In another of your previous letters you mentioned your G/Grandmother being Mrs S Cooper this lady would have been known as Mrs S Cooper.
Marriage
Sidney Cooper - Maria Lindley 1889 Barnsley oct 1/4 9c 331
Birth
Willie Cooper 1897 Barnsley Apr 1/4 9c 272 (possible)
Regards Carolanne

carolanne

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty Cooper

Post  carolanne Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:04 am

Hiya Richard
I'm going to send you a personal message bounce
Regards Carolanne

carolanne

Back to top Go down

Post  carolanne Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:50 am

Hiya Richard
I'm not sure if you got my personal message on Friday as I haven't heard from you. The family in my last letter to you ie Willie Cooper lived at 115 Cherry Tree Street in Elsecar in 1911
Regards Carolanne

carolanne

Back to top Go down

Post  richiecoop Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:45 am

Hi Carol,
Sorry I didn't get back last week. I forgot to say that I would be away for a week, yes I have the address of 115 Cherry Tree St in my notes a Mrs S Cooper lived there and I think it was my Fathers grandmother ?.
I will double check and get back asap ! Smile So would that make it Willie's mother ? who know's Shocked
will be in touch soon.
Many thanks Carol you are doing a great job or should I say Sherlock Smile

richiecoop

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty Re: RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There

Post  carolanne Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 am

Hiya Richard
Your welcome
Regards Carolanne (Sherlock)

carolanne

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty Re - Willie Cooper

Post  Edwin Bowden Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 am

Hello Richard
I have just read about your efforts to search for Willie Cooper whilst doing a bit of family history research myself. My fathers side of the family came from Hoyland my grandmothers name was Lavinia Bowden (nee Cooper) and she had a sister called Maud, I do not know/recall the other family member names at present. I recall visiting both my grandmother and great grandmother as a child in around 1950. If this information is of interest I will keep you posted on my findings.

Edwin Vincent Bowden

Edwin Bowden

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There Empty Re: RE: Great Grandmother's Family Of William Cooper Master Boot Maker Hoyland Barnsley Are Are You Out There

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down