Barnsley Family History Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching For Cawthorne Cooper descendants

Go down

Searching For Cawthorne Cooper descendants Empty Searching For Cawthorne Cooper descendants

Post  Jean Edwina Stagg Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:18 am

I have beentrying to trace living relatives of the Cawthorne Coopers on and off for over 20 years. Thanks Desmond Edwards; they are a match. My great grandfather Henry Cooper, wheelwright, b. 18/9/1838 m. Emma Hawke b. 1837 in 1860. His children were Eleanor b.1860 at Cawthorne, John Edwin b.1864, Sarah Anne b.1866, Arthur H. b.1870 in Barnsley, Priscilla, my grandmother b.23/12/1871 at Cawthorne married William Bennett 29/8/1907 and died 27/7/1928, Charles F. b. 1876.in Barnsley. Henry Cooper cut my grandmother Priscilla off from the family when she married William Bennett much against his wishes. I believe that someone was trying to find me here in Tasmania in about 1990 but under my previous name of Holmes. I had by then been remarried about 7 years and had moved to Murdunna where I still live.
So no knowledge of my great aunts and great uncles and their families, except that some moved from Yorkshire to 'down south' where one of them offered my father John Henry Bennett an mechanical apprenticeship; but his father refused to let him go.

Jean Edwina Stagg

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down