Barnsley Family History Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LINDLEYs of CAWTHORNE by Barnsley

Go down

LINDLEYs of CAWTHORNE by Barnsley Empty LINDLEYs of CAWTHORNE by Barnsley

Post  lroff Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi all,

Am looking for any and all descended from a John LINDLEYwho married a Martha?. They had: John (b 1721), Elizabeth (1723), William (1726), Mary (1728) and Martha (1730). I believe they lived at Jowett House, Cawthorne (just across the road from Cannon Hall (which was owned by a series of Spencers and Stanhopes). It is a wonderful place to visit in spring/summer for a preserved Georgian kitchen and market garden. Jowett House now has a maize maize in summer.

John married an Ann (whose last name may have been DENNISON). They had Ann(e) b 1746, Sarah b 1747, Benjamin b 1749, John b 1750 and George b 1755.

Now, Ann(e), in 1768, had a son, George. No named father - down the generations there have been speculations but, of course, no young man jumping up and down saying "hey, I'm his Dad"

George and his Mom, Ann(e) wind up about 1780 or 1790 in Catton, which is near Norwich. George runs kitchen and market gardens (wrote a few books/brochures as well) marries a Mary MOORE and they have: John 1799, Ann (1799 - not twins - at different ends of the same year), George (1803) and Mary (1804). John becomes a well known botanist and has a family of 3 who spread out around the globe. George went to Australia in 1823, married twice - had 14 children and has many dcendants.

I'm looking to find descendants from the earlier familes as well as the later. Any takers?

Laura Lindley Roff BFHS member 1196 in Kamloops, BC, Canada

lroff

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down